1. Open and transparent management of personal information
2. Anonymity and pseudonymity
As a visitor to the RaffleTix website you are free to browse without entering any personal information and therefore may remain anonymous during your visit.
To guard against fraud, RaffleTix requires all customers to identify themselves accurately when purchasing raffle tickets through the RaffleTix website. This information is stored by us in order to produce reports pertaining to the raffle event. These reports are provided to the fundraising beneficiary as part of their record keeping obligations and may be requested by the relevant government department.
3. Collection of solicited personal information
RaffleTix will only collect the personal information it requires to provide you with business and related services or for the promotion or marketing of its services.
RaffleTix will only collect information by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. RaffleTix collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, when you provide information by telephone or in application forms, or when you submit your personal details via the RaffleTix website (e.g. when you
make a purchase from the RaffleTix website);
- from third parties such as our related companies, credit reporting agencies, or your representatives;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- from the organisations identified below under 'Use or disclosure of personal information';
- from our own records of how you use our services.
RaffleTix will not collect personal information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, organisational membership, or sexual activity.
4. Dealing with unsolicited personal information
If we receive unsolicited personal information and determine that we could not have collected the personal information, then we will, as soon as practicable but only if it is lawful and reasonable to do so, destroy the information or ensure that the information is de-identified.
5. Notification of the collection of personal information
6. Use or disclosure of personal information
RaffleTix may use your personal information it collects to:
- verify your identity;
- assist you to subscribe to our services;
- provide you with business and related services;
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- promote and market RaffleTix's current and future business and related services to you;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- research and develop our services; and
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
In order to deliver the services you require, RaffleTix may disclose your personal information to organisations outside RaffleTix. Your personal information is disclosed
to these organisations only in relation to RaffleTix providing our services to you. These organisations carry out our:
- mailing operations;
- billing and debt-recovery functions;
- information technology services;
- marketing, telemarketing and door-knocking services; and
- market research.
RaffleTix takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to:
- your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (e.g. when requested by you to do so);
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- credit providers (for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, and credit provision);
- our related companies;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors, and lawyers;
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law; and
- organisations who manage our business and corporate strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables) and those involved in managing our corporate risk and funding functions (e.g. securitisation).
RaffleTix may provide aggregate statistics about its customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related website information to reputable third-party vendors, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
7. Direct Marketing
If RaffleTix uses your personal information for direct marketing purposes, any correspondence sent to you will include clear instructions on how to opt out of receiving any further marketing correspondence.
8. Cross-border disclosure of personal information
RaffleTix will only transfer your personal information outside of Australia if it is confident the recipient will handle it in a manner consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles.
9. Adoption, use or disclosure of government related identifiers
RaffleTix adopts its own identifiers for all individuals with whom it deals.
10. Quality of personal information
RaffleTix will take reasonable steps to make sure your personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up-to date. If you believe that any personal information that RaffleTix holds about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, please contact RaffleTix so we can investigate the matter.
11. Security of personal information
RaffleTix will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information it holds from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. RaffleTix
permits only authorised personnel to access your personal information.
RaffleTix will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose.
12. Access to personal information
You have a right to access the personal information that RaffleTix holds about you. You can access your personal information by contacting RaffleTix. RaffleTix may require you to put your request in writing for security reasons.
RaffleTix reserves the right to withhold your personal information where its disclosure to you is restricted by law, is the subject of legal action, or may compromise the privacy of another person.
13. Correction of personal information
If you notify RaffleTix that the personal information that RaffleTix holds about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, RaffleTix will take such steps (if any) as are reasonable in the circumstances to correct that information to ensure that, having regard to the purpose for which it is held, the information is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
Additional information relating to the RaffleTix website
RaffleTix uses browser cookies to retain login information. The cookies do not contain any personal information.
The RaffleTix website uses social media tracking pixels that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognise when someone has visited our site or taking an action in relation to our site. We also facilitate our client organisers ability to learn more about your interest in their raffle at their request through the use of these tracking pixels. In many instances, these technologies are reliant on cookies to function properly. As a result, declining cookies will impair their functioning.
RaffleTix uses analytics and customisation cookies to collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our website is being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customise our website for you.
While RaffleTix contains links to other websites, it is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
RaffleTix uses multiple, secure payment processing systems to process credit card payments. The choice of payment processing system is made by the client organisation running the raffle on the RaffleTix website. The following payment processing systems are currently available for use by client organisations:
RaffleTix welcomes your questions and comments about privacy. Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org